MultiMaps consists of a few modules.
“Data Collection” module
The purpose of this module is quite simple – collect data from any number of maps by any criteria:
- by dates (tasks that are active Today, Tomorrow, This week, Next week, etc…;
- topics with specified Icons;
- topics with specified Resources;
- topics with specified Tags (or tag groups);
- tasks with given task Progress or task Priority;
- tasks with given Effort;
- branches with given parent topic’s name (e.g., your In-trays from project maps);
- any combination of the above!
You can collect data using Templates or even without Templates:
- there are predefined Data Collection Templates (you can easily modify them according to your needs);
- you can create easily your own collection templates;
- collect data “on-the fly”, without template;
The Data Collection sources can be:
- Central Map that holds links to maps used in data collection;
- Folder (and its subfolders) that holds maps used in data collection;
- Map Collections from My Maps pane.
As a result, you get a dashboard map with all topics that match your criteria.
You will find out that each topic in that map is marked with its source and has a hyperlink to its source:
You may edit this dashboard map as you want, and then, when needed, send your changes to original maps in 1 click!
The Data Collection engine is very powerful and has a bit of AI. But… we made it as easy for use as it possible. This is like an automatic gearbox and a cruise control in your car :o)
Nevertheless, if you need more, you can carefully learn the Data Collection Configuration map and its macro language to create your own filters and fine tune them to get all power and flexibility of Data Collection engine.
In the MultiMaps documentation you can find many useful and practical tips on how to organize and take control of your projects with mind maps.
This module will help you:
- Find and open your maps easily and quickly.
- See all the links and attachments in your map (not just topics with links) with one glance; open them and manage them.
- Collect links to frequently used documents (maps, any MS Office documents, web pages, any files) and open them with one click.
- Bookmark any maps and map topics (like bookmarks in a browser).
Synchronization module allows you to synchronize topics (with their subtopics, ie, their branches) in the same map, or even in different maps.
If you are synchronizing two topics (two branches), and then change something in one of those topics, or in any of its subtopics, or add or delete something in one of the branches, it will be reflected also in the other branch without your intervention.
You can synchronize any number of topics in any number of maps, stored anywhere!
You can synchronize topics in maps stored on different devices, on network disks (in your corporate network, for example).
Synchronization can be either manual or automatic.
“Common Tools” module
Common Lists module helps to organize all your resources and tags and easily use them in your maps.
In MindManager, Resources and Tags can reside in the Map itself and in the Template Organizer – Marker Lists. But it is not very comfortable if you have many Resources and Tags, and they cannot be organized/sorted at all.
With the help of Common Lists module, you can organize your Resources by any criteria, say Resources for Project 1, Project 2 etc., Resources for Company 1, Company 2 etc.
Similarly do it with tags – organize them into groups suitable for you
Common Lists are made in the same way as Index task pane, so you are already familiar to work with them.
When needed, you can easily find required resource or tag, and assign it to the topic. And if you need to add the whole Resource or Tag group into your map – you do it just in 2 clicks.
Regarding resources – the module also contains a resource database, in which you can save resource data – email, phone, its standart rate, etc. So, if necessary, you can very easily get all data about the resource from this database.
All is handy, easy and simple. Feel the pleasure from your work!